We ask all our members to complete a company description when they register with Tessellate. This description is an opportunity for you to engage with prospective candidates and tell them about your company, its culture, what you're proud of, where you're heading, and why they should consider working there.
What to include
We don't prescribe any particular format or content for your company description, and many of our members have meticulously crafted text already prepared for such an occasion. However if you're starting from scratch here are some pointers on what you might consider including:
- An attention grabber - the big bold statement that says who you are, what you stand for, and what you're in business to achieve.
- Some background to the company - very few people will want to read the life story of your firm, but including some key details about how it came to be, who's running it today, what your biggest and proudest achievements have been so far, will all help to paint a (hopefully) positive picture in a candidate's mind.
- Who you work with and the type of work you do. It sounds obvious but many employers neglect to write about the type of client they work for and the sectors they work in.
- How you look after your staff - whether it's team drinks on a Friday, weekly yoga classes, or all expenses paid trips abroad - this is your chance to shout about all the extra little things you do to keep your people happy and engaged.
What not to include
- Contact information including telephone numbers, email addresses, and social media handles - these will be automatically redacted by the platform and their inclusion may result in your account being suspended or closed. 😱
I have more questions
If you would like help with writing your company description, please chat with one of the Tessellate team via the support messenger on our website, or via the link below.